Wolf Rumblings

I like wolves, I like to comment on things that are going on, and I like to encouarge people when I can. So that is where I got Wolf, Shepherd, and Rumblings from. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Consequences

All right, I have seen some interesting things and some really bad things happen to some people I know these past few days, things that seem to be consequences of the actions they have taken. I would like some feedback on the following question, "Will God have something bad happen to someone else for our sins to punish us?" A for instance, you lie to your boss about a project that you screwed up and someone else gets fired, and this someone happens to be a very dear friend of yours. This is the best analogy I can think of without actually giving an example of one of the events that have happened the past few days.

Thanks for your comments.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

I suppose God could work that way....to "punish" us....if He wanted to, because He is God. BUT....I would say in most cases, what happens is just a result of our sin. There are always consequences to sins, regardless of how big or small the sin or the consequences. It's like what people always say about sins not just affecting one person. It is impossible to sin and not affect someone else in some way or another. So, there are always consequences to not obeying God. So, is God doing it specifically to smite us? I doubt it. It is more of a "Well, now you know why I didn't want you to do that because this is what happens."

Yep, that's my take on it.

*hug* Peace out.

10/11/2005 2:52 PM  
Blogger Eric, Wolf Shepherd said...

Thanks Kimmy, your thoughts are pretty much in my way thinking. Just heard some people saying this lately.

10/11/2005 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home