Wolf Rumblings

I like wolves, I like to comment on things that are going on, and I like to encouarge people when I can. So that is where I got Wolf, Shepherd, and Rumblings from. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Life

Life is such a fragile, unpredictable, beautiful thing. One moment life seems normal and the next thing you know, bam something happens. I found out Friday that my dad's company had gone from debating about declaring bankruptcy to deciding that is what they were going to do, and then ... BAM! Saturday they declared bankruptcy, faster than even my dad had even thought they would. And then I find out Monday that my "supervisor's" baby died on Friday. Just stopped breathing. So I am at work, holding the fort while the rest of the team is at the funeral. And this is new concept for me, because I have never been left on my own before at a temp job.

So I sit here at work with these conflicting emotions, wondering if I am right in feeling them. Both things were not real shockers in that they happened, I suspected that they were going to come to pass. But they still made feel like crap at first. Yet, there is a peace now from them happening. It is almost something that was being hidden has been revealed and now it can be dealt with appropriately. I hope that my dad's company comes out ok, that he will get to keep his job and that he will get the kind of retirement that he has been promised since he started with the company, nearly 30 years ago. And the baby, she is now with God, which is probably for the best. I just pray that her folks will get through it, and that maybe they can find God and his Son in all of this. UGHH!!! All these emotions and thoughts going through my head just don't seem to make sense at times, because they seem to conflict. I guess that is just part of becoming an adult.

Oh well. Life is short and unpredictable, I guess I just need to remember to treasure those special moments.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have any idea what you mean by conflicting emotions. What the hell is that? Emotions are always completely logical and perfectly timed to consequences.

WELCOME TO THE LIFE OF A GIRL!!!!!

Hehe...sorry, don't mean to laugh because everything that you talked about is really...I mean, I really don't know what to say.

But really, I do understand that weird mixed emotions of things. Like how can you love and hate someone at the same time? How can you be happy...yet somehow sad?

How can your life seem to be falling apart around you yet you have peace?

It's very strange.

Very strange.

You're in my prayers.

~Katie~

10/14/2005 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home