Wolf Rumblings

I like wolves, I like to comment on things that are going on, and I like to encouarge people when I can. So that is where I got Wolf, Shepherd, and Rumblings from. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Road Zone

This past week I have discovered that there are certain perks to having a 40+ minute drive to work. One perk is that you can listen to lots of cool music. Another is that there is amble opportunity for people to cut you off and be total jerks to you and you get to cuss at the bums ... I mean show them kindness and mercy *wink, wink*; I really do try not to get mad at them.

But the coolest thing that I have realized in the past few weeks is that it gives me the chance to talk to God and to reflect on the life I have led with him without too many distractions. Yeah, you have all those cars on the road, but most of the time I am autopilot since I know the way so well. Well this past week I had an epiphany about my relationship to God. When I accepted Him into my life it was mostly because I felt guilty about the actions I had done in my life and I was kind of afraid of going to hell, but not too much because I was a good person and I figured I would go to heaven (I know now that is not true, I can only get into heaven by accepting Christ as my savior). Yet, as I learned more about what it meant to be a Christian and began accepting Christ into more aspects of my life I desired to have a closer relationship with Him. And I have begun to care and worry less and less about where I would be spending eternity.

In short, I pursue a relationship with God and His Sob because I want to have the relationship with them here and now in my daily life. I do not worry about what that has in store for tomorrow, a year from now, or what it means after my death. I do not care about the rewards nor the benefits that I receive from the relationship. I try not to worry about the difficulties that come with the relationship (that is a lot harder said then done).

I want the relationship . . . PERIOD! In a way, it is the same as being married. You don't get married because of the benefits that come with, you get married because you want the relationship to blossom, to become something more. In my walk with the Lord and Christ, this is all I have come to desire, to have the relationship blossom.

Of course, just like a marriage there are the ups and the downs. There are things you should or have to do that you really do not want to, but after some fighting you do it anyways because that is what love is. And in the end that is what it is about, Love.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christi Lee said...

You have come a long way. For somebody who tends to used to always look toward the future (which is really helpful sometimes when I can be rather near-sighted), you've really been able to step back and not worry so much about it. I am proud of you.

10/27/2005 12:59 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

You can say that again!
Thanks for sharing:)

10/27/2005 1:55 PM  
Blogger Eric, Wolf Shepherd said...

Thanks guys!

10/28/2005 7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BORIS!!!!!!!!!!! Nice blog, buddy. :-)

10/31/2005 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home