Wolf Rumblings

I like wolves, I like to comment on things that are going on, and I like to encouarge people when I can. So that is where I got Wolf, Shepherd, and Rumblings from. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

Saturday, April 15, 2006

"It's Been One Month..."

All right, how many of you know the BNL (Bare Naked Ladies) song "One Week", yes I use to be a huge BNL fan. Well, it seems that I only get to blog about once a month. When I started this blog I really planned on doing it more often. There are a host of reasons and excuses as to why I do not keep up this blog as much as I would like to, but in the end I think it is because I do not have the kind of dedication or practicing to do it on a regular basis. Also, I feel that I lead a pretty boring life so I do not always feel like I have something to blog about.

So yeah its been one month since I have blogged, tomorrow is Easter, but Chrsiti and I are going to my parents house to celebrate it with them today. It is kind of weird to be going up there to celebrate Easter with them, because I think that it means something different to them than it does to me (and Christi).

By the way I really hate the name Easter for this holiday, a day that celebrates the day our LORD rose from the dead. It comes from a pagan Goddess of fertility, and all the "traditions" that we do in America to celebrate this day also come from pagan traditions. The hiding of Easter eggs is the big one that comes to mind. This day should be a celebration and a reminder of how Jesus died on the cross for our sins, and that he overcame death so we could have a place by him for all eternity. The part that really drives me nutso is the fact that there are so many people that know what this day means and yet they will teach their kids more about the Easter Bunny and Easter Eggs than they do about how Jesus died for our sins.

I am going to stop that train of thought because it will just turn into a 5 hour rant. So have a wonderful weekend and it the spirit of what this holiday really is, have a happy Easter.

1 Comments:

Blogger glenn said...

you're right. i'd like to see ashstarte rise from the dead.

4/15/2006 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home