Wolf Rumblings

I like wolves, I like to comment on things that are going on, and I like to encouarge people when I can. So that is where I got Wolf, Shepherd, and Rumblings from. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Curve Ball, or a few hundred

Life can be pretty interesting at times, especially when you look back at and see where you have come from and the choices that have brought you to where you are now. That is how life feels right now, not only my own, but others as well. I am not where I expected to be; a friend has to switch companies to keep the same job he has now, and it is not a job he ever expected to have; another friend, well to put it short is having parental problems; and so on and so on.

So life has been throwing us all curve balls; some slow, some fast; some we see coming and try to adjust our swing, some we do not even see till they are in the catcher's mit.

Maybe that is why I have become so addicted to the TV show Firefly and its movie Serenity. A ship, a captain, a crew, and some passengers that seem to have lost everything they once cherished and now have to live their lives the best they can while trying to pick up the pieces. They all have had curve balls thrown their way and their lives are all messed up, but they go on. As long as they are free, they go on. And here are the lyrics to the theme song.

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...


And here is a link to a site that actually plays the song in case you want to hear.

So for all of you who have had curve balls thrown at you lately, let's just keep swinging.

4 Comments:

Blogger vir said...

hey Erik,

I trust things are going better now....

I have a question. Can you still watch Firefly?

Vir

5/31/2006 7:01 PM  
Blogger Eric, Wolf Shepherd said...

Thanks Vir.

Firefly is a canceled show. All in all there were only 14 episodes and one movie (came out last fall). But Christi and I have all of them, to which you are more than welcome to borrow.

6/01/2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger vir said...

cool, i thought maybe the show was being run in syndication someplace. i would love to barrow the show from you. thank you for the offer.

Vir

6/13/2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger Christi Lee said...

I've read some of the message board put up by the guys who made it and update us on what's going on. They've been working on a second movie as well... I can't wait!!! (^_^)

6/13/2006 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home