Wolf Rumblings

I like wolves, I like to comment on things that are going on, and I like to encouarge people when I can. So that is where I got Wolf, Shepherd, and Rumblings from. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The End of Something Old, The Beginning of Something New

In the fall of 2000 I started college at Miami, and in a way it finishes this weekend. I know that I have been out of college for two years with my degree and been working to pay the bills, to eat, to have shelter and all the other wonderful reasons why we work. Yet this Sunday my wife, Christi, will graduate and receive her undergraduate degree. And while I may have graduated two years ago, by being married and living with a person that is still in undergrad has kind of kept me in college aw well. This caused me to be caught between two different worlds, the college-life and the adult-working-full-time life, which can be a real strain at times. And I know Christi, at times, has also felt the tugging in two different directions.

This weekend the slate will be wiped clean. We will both be adults with college degrees in our hands. Whether or not Christi is accepted to Grad School; whether or not we stay in the Greater Cincinatti area; whether or not we both work full time, we will, most likely, not be living in Oxford after July 31st.

And this both scares and saddens me to be leaving Oxford. This little town with its oversized University right next door has been my home for nearly 6 years. It is where I met my wife; it is where I stood up and made my commitment to Christ; it is where I learned truly what family is; and it is the place where I have made true friends. And I will be leaving these friends, my family, to go somewhere new. Somewhere where the only people I will truly know are my wife and Christ. I do not like the idea of leaving a place that accepts me, that loves me unconditionaly, a place that I feel that I belong too. Until I came to college, I did not really know what it meant to be a part of a group, too truly belong. Some people leave Oxford/Miami glad to be out of a small town, to be out of their holding patterns till they can be adults. I do not view my time in Oxford in the same light. I know I could settle down here and be happy. There are so many ways to minister, to help people. Yet, I feel that this is not the right place. That we are being tugged to go somewhere else.

I can feel it in my bones, deep inside. Lessons to be learned, learnin to found, experience to gain, and growth to occur. But not in Oxford. I think God is telling me that Christi and I have learned a lot during our time in Oxford, but He wants to show us something, to teach us more. I believe that we have put our faith in His hands, and he has used it to make us grow, and now has a new mission for us if we are ready to except.

So to all my friends in Oxford and at MU, to those that are there now and to those that have left, you will be and are sorely missed, but you all have shown me a life that I did not know existed, so THANK YOU.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christi Lee said...

amen.

5/03/2006 10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be missed as well. I have not had friends who would not only challenge me but would literally drop everything in order to help me (or bring me five dollars while I'm in Hamilton). You guys are incredible and truly loved.

5/10/2006 1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home